If you have another Windows PC already connected to your Wi-Fi network, you can use it to find the password if you forgot it. Once you find your password, you can use it on another PC or device to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
Depending on which version of Windows is running on your PC that is connected to your Wi-Fi network, do one of the following:
- On Windows 11, click the Start button, type control panel, and then click Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Start button in Windows 10, then go to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center.
- Search for “Network” on Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 and then choose “Network and Sharing Center” from the list of results.
- See Which Windows operating system am I using? to learn how to find out which version of Windows you have.
- Select your Wi-Fi network name next to Connections in Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Wireless Properties from the Wi-Fi Status menu.
- Click the Security tab in Wireless Network Properties, then click the Show characters box.
- In the Network security key box, you can see the password for your Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your Windows PC or other device to Wi-Fi as usual, and when asked, enter your Wi-Fi password. See Connect to a Wi-Fi network in Windows to learn more about how to connect to Wi-Fi.