HTML Comment Tag
HTML comments are not shown in the browser, but they can help you document your HTML source code.
- You can add notifications and reminders to your HTML code with comments.
- Comments can be used to hide content.
- This can help if you want to hide content for a short time.
- More than one line can also be hidden. Everything between the!— and the –> won’t show up on the screen.
- You can hide parts of the HTML code by using comments.
- Comments are also great for debugging HTML, since you can turn off one line of HTML code at a time to look for mistakes.
You can use the following syntax to add comments to your HTML source:
<p>your text here .</p>
comment html code
<p>Look at this cool image:</p>
<img border=”0″ src=”pic_trulli.jpg” alt=”Trulli”>
<p>This is a inline <!–comment–> example.</p>
<!–HTML Comment Tag–>